The Faculty of Science and Engineering is a vibrant academic community that offers exciting opportunities for career and personal development in an environment that supports a high quality postgraduate experience. The Faculty is well recognised for the quality and relevance of its teaching and research. Its academic programmes are based on world-class research and underpinned by well-established links with industry. The recent launch of the world-class Bernal Institute is testimony to the Faculty’s commitment to world class research with regional, national and international impact. Our Professors are globally-recognised leaders in their scientific, engineering and technological fields. Our academic programmes are continually reviewed to ensure they meet the requirements of employers as well as national and international bodies. Graduates from the Faculty will be in a position to make a major contribution to the future of Irish knowledge-based industry. We value the participation and contribution that students from different backgrounds and cultures make to our programmes and campus life, in particular through their involvement in volunteering and in the many University sport and recreational clubs and societies that are on Campus.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers taught and research postgraduate programmes at graduate diploma, undergraduate, masters and PhD degree levels. A number of new postgraduate programmes will commence in September 2017, these include
- MSc Aeronautical Engineering,
- MArch Architecture,
- MSc Mechanical Engineering,
- MSc/MA Art and Technology
- MSc Game Design and Development
Programmes currently on offer are:
- MSc Advanced Engineering Materials;
- MSc Applied Physics;
- MSc Biomedical Device Materials,
- Grad Dip Chemical Engineering,
- MEng Computer and Communication Systems,
- Grad Dip/MEng Computer Engineering,
- MSc Health Informatics,
- MEng Information and Network Security,
- MA/MSc Interactive Media,
- MSc Mathematical Modelling,
- MEng Mechatronics,
- MSc Software Engineering,
- MSc Sustainable Resource Management: Policy and Practice.
Further informaton on all of these programmes is available on the Graduate School web site.