Leaving Cert Helpdesk
Higher Mathematics Tutorials
For 6TH YEAR STUDENTS ONLY
11 Weeks – Thursday Evenings - 6.00pm – 8.30pm
Commencing 14th September 2017 to 30th November 2017.
For the last nine year, the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Limerick in conjunction with the Mathematics Learning Centre, Department of Mathematics and Statistics offers tutorials to 6th year students coming towards their examinations in the Leaving Certificate Honours Mathematics curriculum. There is a charge of €35 for the tutorials.
The service is available to Honours Mathematics students undertaking the Higher Leaving Certificate Mathematics Examination in June 2018.
• Tuition will be held weekly on Thursday evenings, beginning 14th September 2017 and running until 30th November 2017 inclusive, from 6pm – 8.30pm at the University of Limerick.
• These tutorials are provided by mathematics teachers and postgraduate mathematics students who are currently furthering their education or working at the University of Limerick.
• The tutorials are a one hour lecture based session followed by a 1 hour 15 minute workshop in smaller tutorial groups, with a 15 minute break in-between.
• This initiative is an opportunity for students, who have a good knowledge of the syllabus but may be stuck and require tuition in some areas.
• The service is targeted at supporting students who are focused on achieving an honours award in mathematics in the Leaving Certificate.
For information on the Mathematics Learning Centre, please visit http://www.mlc.ul.ie